Vegan Caesar Salad with Sweet Potato Croutons and Sunflower Seeds
- 1 Pouch of Top Seedz Sunflower Seeds
- 2 roasted sweet potatoes
- 2 heads romaine lettuce hearts
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1 1/2 tsp your choice of spicy mustard
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp capers (chopped)
- 1-2 tsp caper juice
- 3-4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp olive oil
Roasted Sweet Potato Croutons:
- Peel Sweet Potatoes
- Chop into 1/2 in squares
- Toss with olive oil, salt & pepper
- Spread on a baking tray
- Cook for 10 min and flip
- Cook for an additional 10 min
- Turn oven on broil and watch till lightly browning
- In a small mixing bowl, add hummus, spicy mustard, lemon zest + juice, minced capers, caper juice, minced garlic, salt, pepper, maple syrup, and olive oil and stir to combine.
- Add a little water to thin until pourable and whisk until creamy and smooth
- Taste and add salt & pepper to flavor as needed.
- Need more zest? Add extra lemon juice or lemon zest for vibrant citrus flavor.
- Next, chop the romaine lettuce, parsley, and add shredded carrots.
- Pick your favorite serving platter and top with sweet potatoes and nutritional yeast.
- Add dressing and toss, or serve on the side.