Organic Sesame Candy Bars
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cup Top Seedz Raw Organic Sesame Seeds
- Toast the sesame seeds in a medium pan and stir at low heat for 6-8 minutes
- When toasted brown and give off their fragrance, immediately remove the pan from the heat and set aside
- OR toast them in the oven on a baking sheet at 350°F until they are golden brown and smell delicious!
- Place the sugar in a big pan and let it melt at med-low heat. Don’t stir, but swirl the pan to avoid crystallization
- Use a long spatula and put the melted sugar on top of the unmelted sugar
- Swirl the pan and if there are still some unmelted pieces, start stirring
- As the sugar melts and turns color, remove the pan from the heat immediately and add the toasted sesame seeds and stir
- Make sure sesame seeds are mixed with melted sugar evenly
- After everything is mixed, place the caramelized sesame seeds on parchment paper and spread with a spatula
- Be careful as the mixture is very hot
- Put another parchment paper on top of the caramelized sesame seeds and level it with a rolling pin
- Cut into pieces with a sharp knife while it is still warm
- Place flat to cool and enjoy!