Baked Brie or Camenbert with Figs and Walnuts
- 6-12 ripe figs
- 2 tbsp. good sherry vinegar or 1tbsp white wine vinegar
- 100 ml red wine (or red grape juice)
- 1/4 cup walnut halves
- 4 thyme sprigs, broken up a little bit
- 4 tbsp. clear honey
- 1 whole round brie or camembert
- Heat oven to 390°F.
- Cut a cross in the tops of the figs nearly, but not quite, to the bottom, and pinch the bases.
- Sit in a baking dish (big enough so the figs can sit in a single layer with the whole cheese) cut-side up, but don’t put the cheese in yet.
- Mix together the vinegar and wine or grape juice with some seasoning, and pour all over the figs.
- Scatter over the walnuts and thyme.
- Drizzle over the honey.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until the figs start to become soft and sticky.
- Tuck the whole cheese in among the figs and put back in the oven for a final 5 mins.
- Lift the dish straight to the table and serve with lots your favorite Top Seedz.