This Beet Dip is our family favorite with beets, dill, cucumber and mint all from our vege garden! I ate a lot of beetroot when I was growing up, also from my parents' vege garden. It really reminds me of home.
Note—Don't throw away the leaves, they're delicious panfried with garlic and sesame oil!
- 2 cooked beets, peeled (I usually roast mine for about 30 minutes)
- 2 cups plain yoghurt
- 1 lemon, juice only
- handful fresh dill
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped cucumber
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Chop the beet finely in a mini food processor.
- Add to all other ingredients and stir.