- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas or 1-1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (1 large lemon)
- 1/4 cup well-stirred tahini
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- salt to taste
- 2 to 3 tbsp. water
- dash ground paprika or sumac, for serving
- Combine the tahini and lemon juice in a food processor. Process for 1 minute, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process for 30 seconds more. (This extra time helps to make the hummus smooth and creamy.)
- Add the olive oil, minced garlic, cumin, and a 1/2 tsp. of salt to the whipped tahini and lemon juice. Process for 30 seconds, scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl then process another 30 seconds or until well blended.
- Open, drain, and rinse the chickpeas. Add half of the chickpeas to the food processor and process for 1 minute. Scrape sides and bottom of the bowl, then add remaining chickpeas and process until thick and smooth (1 to 2 minutes).
- If the hummus is too thick or still has tiny bits of chickpea, turn the food processor on and slowly add 2 to 3 tbsp. of water until you reach the perfect consistency.
- Taste for salt and adjust as needed.
- Serve hummus with a drizzle of olive oil and dash of paprika and enjoy with Top Seedz crackers!
- Store in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.
Join the Top Seedz Fam! It's just like being in a real family, without the chores. Get product news, special offers, recipes and more.