This chicken soup is easy and nutritious. Farro adds such a yummy bite to the soup, it's a great grain to include in your diet. I ladled a bowl out for my somewhat vegetarian daughter before adding the chicken and put some chickpeas in hers. I've also made this by just using any vegetables I had in the fridge or garden. Adding shredded cabbage at the end is a quick and cheap way to add nutrition.
- 1 onion diced
- 1 garlic clove crushed
- 3 carrots diced
- 4 sticks of celery sliced
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 cup of farro (uncooked)
- 1 can of sweet corn
- half a cooked chicken
- salt and pepper
- Fry the onion in a little bit of olive oil until soft.
- Add the garlic, celery and carrots and fry for a couple more minutes.
- Pour in the stock and farro, boil for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked chicken and corn, season to taste and there you have it!
Join the Top Seedz Fam! It's just like being in a real family, without the chores. Get product news, special offers, recipes and more.