January 1, 2022
When you’re little, turning 5 often warrants a pretty big birthday party, right? At that point, you’ve achieved a lot as a tiny human, which is why there’s something about turning 5 that makes you feel like you’re finally a “big kid.” Well, we’re not going to lie, we’re kind of feeling like a big kid over here at Top Seedz as we celebrate turning 5 this January!
Having a birthday that coincides with the start of a new year brings double the dose of reflection: what did you accomplish that year, and what have you accomplished in all the years you’ve existed? (Gahhh, no pressure!) For us, turning 5 marks a great milestone. There were times when I imagined I’d never get this far, yet I also didn’t imagine I wouldn’t.
It was a really big and exciting year for Top Seedz, and it’s been more than gratifying to take a look back and celebrate how far we’ve come, and all that we accomplished in 2021!
Top (Seedz) Accomplishments
- A women-owned, minority-driven business
- Went from a workforce of 1 (me) to now a staff of 20, and we’re still growing!
- Ignite Buffalo Winner—woohoo!
- Created our own space—5,000sqf that we’re now bursting at the seams in.
- Established key accounts like Wegmans, Whole Foods, and Erewhon.
- Developed a NEW grain-free cracker—6 Seed Crackers—by listening to our customers!
- Became organic, and all without sacrificing the price or our product.
- Proudly became part of the Western New York community through our involvement in community events, and of course a love of crackers.
- Winner of the 43North business plan competition—talk about a dream come true!
- Building our own space, that’ll have us ready for all that’s to come.
When I look at what’s ahead, I’m elated thinking of the next big steps we’ll be taking as we expand our little seed of a business…and, of course, the realist in me also sees the hard work that comes hand-in-hand with such big goals. For one, we’re developing a new facility that will include fancy automation capabilities—it’ll be more than triple the size of our current homebase. We’re also expanding our distribution to the rest of the U.S., and possibly Canada. Not to mention, we’ve got some new flavors in the works, which is always a treat. And, what I might be looking forward to the most is that I’ll no longer be doing everything! That’s because we’ll be bringing new team members on board to distribute the workload and further diversify our employee base. There’s no doubt that 2022 is going to be fully loaded with goodness.
Whether you’ve been with us from the beginning, hopped in during the middle of the ride, or are just joining the Top Seedz journey now, we’re happy to have you as part of our Top Seedz family. Let’s toast and crack a cracker (or five) to a great year ahead!
Congratulations on all your richly deserved success!! Your crackers are the best I have EVER tasted, and I appreciate the quality and craftsmanship as much as the incredible taste!! Thank you for these deeply satisfying and truly delicious, magnificent creations!!