Well, hello there, Autumn!
You've sure rolled in with vibrant colors, crisp dark mornings, and candy corn that sprouts up to tempt me everywhere! As outdoor activities roll to a halt, I want to stay motivated. It feels too soon to turn the outdoor water off and put away the lawn mower, but I know tomorrow we could be picking up a shovel instead of a golf club.
After living in Singapore for 10 years I’ve learnt to appreciate four seasons. In Buffalo, October hints at hibernation-mode, but this fall, I want to stay motivated with a list of things to accomplish. So here it is:
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month - Top Seedz is walking a 5K!
- Turkey Trot: I can’t be the slowest bird on the trail, get running Becs!
- 43 North’s BIG Night! This month, Buffalo will award $5 MILLION to some of the worlds most intriguing start-up businesses.
- Experiment with new and healthy recipes. Because let's be honest, I’ve got to balance out all the candy corn with nutritious options.
- General garden cleanup. Plant garlic and cover the beds with grass clippings for the winter.
Most of all I want to stay active, enjoy the fall vibes, and make the most out of my October.
In addition, I’d like to recognize the incredible work of 716 Squash. Recently, we were awarded $500 to the charity of our choice at a Tops Friendly Market cook-off competition! I’ve seen firsthand the benefits of 716 Squash and how they empower the youth in Buffalo through education, mentoring, health, and wellness.
Whatever your goals are this fall, this is a message to go out and get em’! Oh, and don’t forget your Top Seedz 😉